Happy Ghana’s Independent Day. Today is about really importantly for me learnt Ghana’s Culture (thank to my essay inspired me researched about Ghana’s Tradition Culture) What had I learn about is what is Kente cloth meaning, which created beautiful brightly coloured handmade woven-cloth. I had found about parts of the colour in Kente cloth meanings
Meanings of the colors in Kente cloth:
- black—maturation, intensified spiritual energy
- blue—peacefulness, harmony and love
- green—vegetation, planting, harvesting, growth, spiritual renewal
- gold—royalty, wealth, high status, glory, spiritual purity
- grey—healing and cleansing rituals; associated with ash
- maroon—the color of mother earth; associated with healing
- pink—assoc. with the female essence of life; a mild, gentle aspect of red
- purple—assoc. with feminine aspects of life; usually worn by women
- red—political and spiritual moods; bloodshed; sacrificial rites and death.
- silver—serenity, purity, joy; assoc. with the moon
- white—purification, sanctification rites and festive occasions
- yellow—preciousness, royalty, wealth, fertility
I’m so happy to have learnt about Kente Cloth. its must be important for me learn their traditions in part of my acknowledge of the cultural in my family.